March 9, 2009 – Change in Routine

March 9, 2009 – Change in Routine

Over the past couple of days, the weather has gotten to the point where it is very difficult to be out between 11 and 3 in the afternoon. Up until now, those were exactly the hours where I did my walking. After coming home completely done in twice in a row, I realized that I could not longer do this.

So now, I hang around near my room until the afternoon, doing what I would normally do in the evening. The rooftop is absolutely beautiful during the day now. In the winter, there was lots of sun as it made its orbit lower in the sky and slanted down to fill the whole terrace, even the covered part, with sunlight. Now that it crosses the sky at a different angle, it is perfect, as there is shade all day long outside my room. Not only that, being up here on the roof, where it is muggy and unpleasant even one flight down in the courtyard, up here there is a beautiful cooling breeze and it is a great pleasure sitting up here…writing, reading, listening to music, eating, talking with friends. In the early morning I can even do my pranayama and meditation outside if I choose to. So right now I am sitting up here, in my summer clothes, reading a book, eating fruit and cheese, with the most lovely cooling breeze blowing over and around me…birds above, the mountain across and the Ganga below…It is the perfect place to spend my vacation…and that is what I intend to do…enjoy each and every moment I have left here. It will be hard leaving but sooooooooo wonderful coming home to my family…and then of course coming back here!

But the change is difficult for me. Before, when the weather was cool, I would come back from my morning walk, have a nice chai and perhaps cake, and then rest for an hour or so until evening came around. Now, just when I am ready for a rest, it is time to go out . Yesterday I took a nap in the afternoon but it was very hard to wake up afterwards. So today, when I felt like sleeping, I headed out, which was fine, except for the fact that I was tired the whole time I was out and couldn’t do the things I wanted to do.

I already went out twice with Ilsa for dinner around 4-5 however, and that was really nice. It was beautiful and cool and so lovely to watch the sunset while out eating a pleasant dinner in my favorite restaurant.

I am getting down to the wire now and must get a few final things together, get my parcel off etc., but two weeks in plenty of time. I will try and take things really easy so I don’t come home tired, and hopefully everything will fall into place simply, with no hassle.

Nothing much more to write these days. I still want to get down to the Ganga to swim as I did last year, but if the heat stays this oppressive, will probably not do it, since the walk DOWN is not bad, but the walk back UP is torture. And to go in the Ganga, I most go down during the warm part of the day….not after it cools off.

Enjoying my time with Ben as well and I know the next 2 weeks will fly by and before I realize what has happened, I will be hugging my family again!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: