One Lovely Blog Award
I have been writing on this blog for over 4 years, and on two previous India Joural Blogs for even longer, and this is the first time I’ve been nominated for an award. Now this in itself is not strange and I am extremely honored to receive this award. What is strange, is that my new, current blog , Not in India 2012 has been active for only 6 months or so, and has already received 5 awards!! I can only imagine that it is the nature of this blog, where people find their way here for specific reasons, looking for information about India, Ayurveda, Panchakarma, etc., and are mostly one time readers. Statistically, there have been over 27,000 hits here (!!), a full ten times as many as on the current blog. So imagine that most of these ARE one time readers, and that the true fans have found their way to my current blog, and read it regularly.
Which makes this award even more special to me…meaning at least to me, that I have begun to attract “regulars” and this is always a lovely thing to find out. So thanks so much to you, dear Jofelyn, at Sleepy Tales and Lucid Dreams for this lovely honor. I highly recommend you check out her lovely blog and find pleasure in her wonderful way of telling a story. I also look forward to seeing as many of you as possible around here for my upcoming sojourn which begins in EXACTLY one month from today!! 🙂
Include the blog award logo in your post.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Write 7 things about yourself that know one here knows about you.
Nominate 15 other people, and let them know you have done so.
So…7 things about me:
1. My greatest joy and blessing during this sojourn on Earth is my family. My 6 amazing children and the extended family of additional sons and daughter-in-law they have brought me, and my 13 wonderful grandchildren (#14 on the way) ranging in age from 1 year to 19 years! They are all a fantastic addition to my own life journey and I continue to learn each and every day from each of these very different individual beings.
Me and My Kids – Five daughters, and one son-the “baby”
2. I had the honor and privilege to meet Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo-the first Western woman to be ordained as a Tibetan Buddhist Nun. This meeting resulted in a powerful but subtle shift in perception for me leading to a “growth spurt” in my life’s journey. You can read about her amazing life story here: Cave in the Snow
You can also find more information about her life’s work, her nunnery, at this website: www.tenzinpalmo.com/
3. I have three loving Guides who have been with me since birth (although I was forced to deny their existence on threat of punishment when I was 7 years old). I reunited with them in my 50′s through a deep meditation practice and they have agreed to publicly reveal my pet names for them since childhood. Kaki, Gee and Chuchibell!!
4. I was blessed to have an audience with HH Dalai Lama in 2001, and the effects of that brief meeting are still rippling through my life to this very day.
4a. I love photography. I make it a point to be mindful at all times…to really be aware of everything around me wherever I happen to be. That in itself is a great blessing. I then love to photograph these mindful moments (hmmm…sounds like a good name for a new blog J ) which allows me to relive these special moments many times over afterwards – and FEEL the moment again-even years later.
5. I love to play computer games rationalizing that they are good for my rapidly aging brain, but how much brain power do you need to play Bubbles?!?!?
6. I love to dance and have been doing it in one way or another since the age of 2. For the past 35 years I have both taught and danced Israeli Folk Dancing-I currently dance 3 times week, each session lasting about 4 hours.
7. I am a technology freak and really have to work hard to keep myself from spending too many hours a day “playing” with all the new toys available these days
(Hope you didn’t notice I cheated above…. there are actually more than “7” things there! 🙂
And now the hard part: Choosing just 15 blogs to nominate for this award as well
….there are just so many of you out there, so will try to pass this award along to some at least who I have not yet nominated for other awards, although you are all so amazing and so deserving, each in your own very special way!
http://crystalmoons.wordpress.com/ Into the Heart
http://heartwhispers.co.uk/ Whispers of the Heart
http://perisspiceladle.com/ Indian-inspired Food for the Global Palate. If you love anything Indian, or simply love wonderful food, Peri’s blog is a MUST!
http://professionsforpeace.com/ You don’t have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body. Gina writes: My…goal of each day is to remember how loved I am and to share that love outwardly. She most certainly succeeds with her blog.
http://johncoyote.wordpress.com poetry story and real life
http://momentumofjoy.com/ where spirituality meets reality
http://theblacktwig.wordpress.com A drifter off to see the world
http://dranilj1.wordpress.com/ life is mysterious
http://idolanuel.com To Be Aware
http://cauldronsandcupcakes.com/ Everything about this blog is Divinely inspired creativity!! I love all things magical, and I am sure that cupcakes have healing qualities! This is one of the things Nicole says on her About page. Her blog is not to be missed. From things spiritual, inspirational and amazingly informative, to the most superb recipes you can imagine…and SO much more…please do check out this blog
http://soulsbyfarm.wordpress.com/about/ Sustainable Farming, Permaculture, Gardening and Homesteading in Ohio –fascinating blog-extremely well written
http://maggiesonebuttkitchen.wordpress.com – There is no way you can see the photos of the food without having your mouth water and then trying out the recipes. And her food is full of love so it is of course delicious!
http://mylifemystuff.wordpress.com/about/ Home remedies, Yoga, Thoughts on India and so much more…worth exploring
and much love light and JOY to all