I have been honored by Peri, from Peri’s Spice Ladle at http://perisspiceladle.com who has lovingly nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. If you have not already met her, I highly recommend checking out her blog. She writes about Indian-inspired Food for the Global Palate and if you love things Indian as much as I do, you will definitely love this blog. And if you care nothing for things Indian, but love good food, you will also not regret visiting here. She is creative and ingenious and her recipes are simple to follow and truly delicious to eat. It is truly a privileged to have been nominated by her. A big big thanks to you dear and to God and the Universe for guiding me to you.
In accepting this award, I must follow the 3 rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated me.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass the award to 15 nominees.
So, here are the 7 random things about myself.
1. My greatest joy and blessing during this sojourn on Earth is my family. My 6 amazing children and the extended family of additional sons and daughter-in-law they have brought me, and my 13 wonderful grandchildren ranging in age from 8 months to 18 years!
2. I had the honor and privilege to meet Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo-the first Western woman to be ordained as a Tibetan Buddhist Nun. This meeting resulted in a powerful but subtle shift in perception for me leading to a “growth spurt” in my life’s journey. You can read about her amazing life story here: Cave in the Snow
You can also find more information about her life’s work, her nunnery, at this website: www.tenzinpalmo.com/
3. I have three loving Guides who have been with me since birth (although I was forced to deny their existence on threat of punishment when I was 7 years old). I reunited with them in my 50’s through a deep meditation practice and they have agreed to publicly reveal my pet names for them since childhood. Kaki, Gee and Chuchibell!!
4. I was blessed to have an audience with HH Dalai Lama in 2001, and the effects of that brief meeting are still rippling through my life to this very day.
5. I love to play computer games rationalizing that they are good for my rapidly aging brain, but how much brain power do you need to play Bubbles?!?!?
6. I love to dance and have been doing it in one way or another since the age of 2. For the past 35 years I have both taught and danced Israeli Folk Dancing-I currently dance 3 times week, each session lasting about 4 hours.
7. My one vanity is painting my fingernails!!
The blogs I have chosen to nominate, in no particular order are:
There are different types of blogs here, photography, travel, food, inspiration…but all are creative, a joy to follow, inspiring and fun. Hope you will check them out. These blogs continually surprise me with the depth of their ideas, the scope of their interests and their ability to keep me constantly mindful and aware of each and every moment, and to be grateful for all the blessings showered upon me each and every day. They bring greatinsight and JOY into my day, and hope you will also find them of some sort of assistance along your own life’s journey.
With love light and JOY